Friday, January 25, 2013

L'oreal True Match Crayon Concealer Review (In Comparison to Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer)

One of my favorite concealers AND L'oreal products has arrived for Spring 2013! So here's the 411 on my picture and products up above:

The L'oreal true match crayon concealer is a jumbo crayon for anyone who wears makeup!  You really feel like you are coloring on your face, but that's not a biggie when the product is doing it's job.  So packaging was simple and basic.  The crayon like feel makes the concealer super easy to handle and apply - love it!   Another great detail about the product is there will be no pencil sharpening battles here!  As you can see in the photo above I have already used quite a bit and instead of searching all over my make up station for my tiny pencil sharpener I can easily twist at the bottom and it push more of it out. 

This comes in six different shades:
 




I'm usually naturally tanned, but in the winter time I tend to get lighter so I bought mine in the color light/medium 4-5, which is the 4th swatch starting from the left.  I thought this was going to be lighter than my natural skin color, but it was pretty close, which really surprised me!  I can't remember much of my experiences with L'oreal products; but I think it's because I really didn't like the ones in the past anyway, or they didn't stand out to me. 


In Comparison:  

So I compared this concealer to the heavy duty Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer (Came out about 2 years ago) that I use when I really need to cover up my problem spots.   L'oreal's crayon concealer really took it home.  First off, it's not a liquid consistency and it's not thick so that cakeface problem = not gonna happen.  Second, it's so much easier to apply and like it's been known for, super blendable.  Although the Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer was heavy duty, it just always felt so thick on my face and blending was so much more difficult!  


Details & Verdict (Rating will be based on a 1-5 scale, 1 being low and 5 being high:


You can buy this at any drug store Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, Target, I believe ULTA also has it.  I got mine at Target.


  • Rating: 4.5
  • Packaging Rating:  4.1
  • Price: $ (7.99-8.95) *Mine was $7.99 at Target
  • Buy Again: Yes!



Have you tried it?  And what are your thoughts?  Leave your experiences and comments!



Watch for my video on YouTube, where I will talk more about my experience with this product! :)



 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment